July 24, 2021 Anno Domini
Translated from the Russian
Former Georgian President and head of the Executive Committee of Reforms in Ukraine Mikhail Saakashvili said on 23 July on Ukraine 24 TV channel that Russian President Vladimir Putin once showed him his office, in which the Soviet dictator Joseph Stalin allegedly worked earlier.
“When I met with Putin for the first time at an official meeting, he immediately took me to another office and said: ‘This is Stalin’s former cabinet, the official cabinet of former general secretaries, but I moved my cabinet to a small office, because Stalin was modest; he and I have always been in a small office, and I make all my important decisions where Stalin was,'” said the Georgian-Ukrainian politician.
According to him, “Putin is very proud because his grandfather was Stalin’s cook—this is a very significant fact in his biography.”
“He talked about his grandfather endlessly. And Putin kept saying: ‘Here Stalin slept, such a modest sofa; he drank from this teapot my grandfather brought him.’ Yes, what Putin showed me looked modest. He worships Stalin, so that you understand,” Saakashvili explained.
- Stalin (real name Dzhugashvili) was born in 1878. From 1924 until his death in March 1953, he was the leader of the Soviet Union.
- Saakashvili was the president of Georgia from January 2004 to November 2013.
- Putin has been Russia’s president since 2000, with a break in 2008-2012, when he was head of government.
- In 2020, the Constitution of the Russian Federation was amended to allow Putin to run again for the post of head of the Kremlin in 2024.
- All Putin’s policy is a continuation of Stalin’s policy’: former Soviet State Security Lieutenant
- Stalin Jewish? Grave of Stalin’s mother adorned with Jewish kiddush cup and shroud
- Putin is a Jew—documents from the president’s biography confirm rumours