Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Russia celebrates 10th anniversary of Jewish Museum of Tolerance Centre

November 23, 2022 / Main / Important

Exhibition _Feeling at home_ -1

On November 20, the Jewish Museum and Tolerance Center held a public celebration of its 10th anniversary. On this day, a special rich program awaited the guests of the museum: from 12:00 to 22:00 there were sightseeing and thematic excursions, lectures, master classes, games, an interactive family performance, a DJ set and a music concert.

Children and adults were able to get to know the art of the avant-garde at the exhibition “The World as Non-Objectiveness. The Birth of a New Art: Kazimir Malevich, Pavel Filonov, Marc Chagall, Anna Leporskaya and others”, plunge into the history and culture of the Jewish people during tours of the main exhibition, look at the hospitable hosts - the heroes of the “Feeling at Home” exhibition, cook mincemeat at the master class of the brand chef of the Israeli cafe Dizengof / 99 Viktor Sinelnikov, to study in detail the architecture of the Bakhmetevsky garage, to see old books from the library of the Schneerson family and much more. Young visitors managed to attend a musical performance, paint ceramics, and also learn what John Cage's "4'33" is. A photo zone with a video spinner was organized in the new space of the museum, where everyone could take a 360 selfie.

The culmination of the day was a solemn congratulation from the museum's leaders: General Director Alexander Boroda, Executive Director Christina Krasnyanskaya, Chairman of the Board of the Jewish Museum and Tolerance Center Borukh Gorin and Chief Rabbi of Russia Berl Lazar. The evening ended with a live performance by Acid Hasid, which gave the audience the energy of root Jewish, Russian, Balkan and Gypsy music.

Berl Lazar, Chief Rabbi of Russia:

“The 10th anniversary of the museum is not only an occasion to take stock of the path traveled, but also to discuss plans. We are constantly thinking about what else we can do to develop the museum, what new projects to implement. I would like to thank everyone who participated in the creation of the Jewish Museum and Tolerance Center and who is engaged in its prosperity day by day. I would like to express my special thanks to the director of the museum, Rabbi Alexander Moiseevich Boroda, who devotes so much time and effort to this project. I also want to draw attention to another important component of the Jewish Museum - the Tolerance Center. We see how his activities have a positive impact on the whole society, people began to treat each other better, and this is a reason for pride. I am sure that the museum has a great future ahead, together we will implement many interesting projects, and we will bring people closer to each other!”

Alexander Boroda, General Director of the Jewish Museum and Tolerance Center:

“I congratulate our museum and the entire cultural community of Moscow on the first round date, on the 10th anniversary. From the first days of its existence, our museum has not been a museum in the classical sense of the word, we are a combination of educational and cultural institutions. Within the same walls, under the same roof, we have the Jewish Museum, the Center for Tolerance, the Center for Avant-Garde, the Children's, Research and Educational Centers and three libraries, including the library of the Schneerson family (a branch of the Russian State Library), the Research Center and the House of Jewish Books. All these years, the museum has been actively developing, only the main exposition has been updated, expanded, supplemented and modernized by at least 40%. The events held by the museum have become its hallmark, and our visitors know that they will definitely like everything that we plan. We have raised the bar high and our goal is to raise it even higher. The next 10 years will be even more eventful, interesting and visited. This is our common holiday, together we will move to new heights. Mazal tov!”

Borukh Gorin, Chairman of the Board of the Jewish Museum and Tolerance Center:

“I was lucky to take an active part in the birth of the Jewish Museum and Tolerance Center. Since then, 10 years have passed. On the one hand, it was like yesterday. On the other hand, very sentimental feelings overcome, watching how the brainchild, to which he put so much heart, soul and ideas, has grown so much, turned into an adult, serious cultural and academic institution. Then it was difficult to imagine even in the wildest fantasies that the museum would host exhibitions and conferences of such a level as it is now. I wish the museum every prosperity, because it is places like our museum that are indicators of the future, give hope that everything will be fine in our country, city, world. Mazal tov, great success and good luck!”

Kristina Krasnyanskaya, Executive Director of the Jewish Museum and Tolerance Center:

“The Jewish Museum and Tolerance Center is 10 years old: is it a lot or a little is a philosophical question. But one thing is clear - over the years we have come a long way, gained recognition both among visitors and among the professional community. Our know how is advanced museum technologies: we make both the main exposition and temporary exhibitions using multimedia and a large interactive block, we work with famous international and Russian artists. Non-standard representation of the exhibition material, the use of the latest technologies is our trademark. Our museum is a truly important cultural center with a wide range of programs. We have lectures, theater evenings, literary readings, music concerts, open airs and much more. Of course, we dream that the museum will continue to develop. So that the projects conceived by us, on the one hand, they were one step ahead of their time, and on the other hand, they were consonant and close to our audience. I congratulate all those involved and wish the museum to live for a long, long time and every year of this life gives a new round of its development.”

Source: https://mjcc.ru/news/evreyskiy-muzey-tsentr-tolerantnosti-otmetil-10-letie/