Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Duma deputy of Putin's party proposes to redefine Russians (Slavs) as a multi-national people

(Editor's note: Khamzaev is a member of Vladimir Putin's Russia United Russia party and deputy of the 8th State Duma).

November 25, 2023

In Russia it is necessary to pass a law on the Russian people. This initiative was made by State Duma deputy Sultan Khamzaev, RIA Novosti reports .

“There are many nations in Russia, but one people. The Russian people, which includes all national groups. The Russian people today are the Slavs, they are the multinational people of Dagestan, Tatarstan, Chechnya, Bashkiria, Udmurtia, Yakutia,” the parliamentarian said.

He also proposed replacing the phrase “multinational people of the Russian Federation” with “Russian people of the Russian Federation.”

According to Khamzaev, peoples have always been judged by their languages. In Dagestan I am an Avar. In Moscow I am a Dagestani. Abroad, I am Russian,” added the deputy, quoting the poet Rasul Gamzatov.

Source: https://compromat.group/news/106637-v-rossii-predlozhili-prinyat-zakon-o-russkom-narode.html