Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Deputy Prime Minister Abramchenko urged Russians not to buy jeans every season

Deputy Prime Minister of the Russian Federation Victoria Abramchenko - RIA Novosti, 1920, 03/17/2023
Deputy Prime Minister of the Russian Federation Victoria Abramchenko. Archive photo

Read ria.ru in

MOSCOW, March 17 - RIA Novosti. Deputy Prime Minister of Russia, curator of the national project "Ecology" Victoria Abramchenko said on the air of the TV channel " Russia 24 " about the need for conscious consumption among the inhabitants of the country.

She shared her own experience of introducing environmentally friendly habits.

“I discovered that more than 50 percent of the bin in the metropolis is packaging. And I was scared: you used the product, threw away the packaging, it’s garbage right away. No one has yet learned how to work with this garbage. At home, I paid attention to this. Now I try to buy where there is less packaging, I now wash plastic, wash glass, sort garbage separately, ”the politician explained in an interview.

Abramchenko also gave advice to Russians who would like to strengthen their contribution to the environment in the country."

“Please don’t buy yourself new jeans every season, too much water is used in production, you can walk long enough in the same jeans, well, or reanimate them,” she said.

On Tuesday, Russian President Vladimir Putin announced that the Russian government is preparing to expand the federal Clean Air program.

Source: https://ria.ru/20230317/dzhinsy-1858576416.html