Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Putin not only grew up in Jewish communal apartment, his boyhood friend was Russian-Jewish oligarch Arkady Rotenberg

16 Sep 2018, 16:57 

Rotenberg spoke about the jealousy of the environment and "boyish fun" with Putin

According to Arkady Rotenberg, he communicates with Vladimir Putin on "you" as with an old acquaintance, but on "you" as with the president. There are “boyish funs” in their human relations, but there is a border: Putin is the president

Vladimir Putin and Arkady Rotenberg (right) at the lead KamAZ vehicle after crossing the Crimean bridge on May 15, 2018 (Photo: Grigory Sysoev / RIA Novosti)

Businessman Arkady Rotenberg, whose companies built the Crimean Bridge, said that in dealing with him, Vladimir Putin is not a president, but a person he has known since childhood. He spoke about this in an interview in the program "Characters with Nailya Asker-zade" on the TV channel "Russia 1".

Rotenberg was asked about his "touching relationship" with Vladimir Putin. “He will either pull your hair, or pat you on the shoulder in a friendly way! Are the others around him not jealous?” - the presenter asked a question.

“We grew up together, so we have left this from childhood. I don't think it can cause any jealousy in anyone. These are such boyish amusements, from that still boyish life. This in no way concerns the President of the Russian Federation. We have had such a relationship since childhood. And the president is completely different, ”Rothenberg answered.

The journalist also asked about Putin's truck driving across the Crimean bridge. “When he got out of the car, he said something to you, and then he pushed you in a friendly way. So, can you tell me what he said to you then? Asker-zade asked.

“Well, he didn’t say anything special, in his own acceptable manner, he just joked and nothing more. But what pleased me was that when he joked, he approached, and there was such joy in his eyes, and I was very pleased that this, of course, gives him great joy and pleasure. And so this is such a pure joke, nothing more, ”the businessman explained.

At the same time, he explained that he communicates with Putin on "you" as with the president, but on "you" as with an old acquaintance. “With the president on“ you ”, and with the person whom I have known since childhood, on“ you, ”said Rotenberg,“ it would be stupid if I called him “you”.

He also said that he had not entered the carpet as a wrestler for a long time. “I think it was probably 15-20 years ago,” Rotenberg said.
In October 2014, Rotenberg said that Vladimir Putin does not interfere in matters related to anyone's business, and friendship with him does not affect Rotenberg's affairs in any way. “Vladimir Vladimirovich does not pick up the phone at all and does not give anyone any instructions related to anyone's business. If you ask him for something, it would not turn out the other way around. Secondly, I really value our relationship, ”the businessman Rotenberg said then.

At the same time, he said that because of his friendship with Putin, he has a "harder time than his competitors" because he cannot afford to use "controversial business practices and competition."

On July 30, 2014, the European Union included the businessman on the sanctions list, describing him as Putin's "old acquaintance" and the main shareholder of the company that received the right to develop a project to build a bridge to Crimea.

Regular car traffic on the Crimean bridge was opened on May 15, 2018.

Source: https://www.rbc.ru/business/16/09/2018/5b9e281c9a79474f3fbfc4d9