Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Interview with Particle Physicist and Obervatory Curator. Exciting discoveries made in field of AstroPhysics

I found this interview online, but for some reason I lost the URL after I downloaded it.

EDIT: I found the rest of the article and attached it to this post so it reads all the way through.

New Discovery of the Sagan-Tyson Observatory is Shaking the Foundation of Astro-Physics, Interview with Dr. Friedman-Bohr

By Adam Bjerknes

April 29, 20023

Exciting news in the world of Astro-Physics! Today I had the rare and distinct pleasure of sitting down with the curator of the Sagan-Tyson observatory to discuss the current state of our understanding of the cosmos, and the new developments taking the scientific community by storm.

Me: Dr. Fienman-Bohr It is an honor and a privilege for you to have taken time out of you busy schedule to down and speak with me.

Dr. Fienman-Bohr: It’s no problem Adam as I always tell my colleagues we scientists must make ourselves available to the public, people need to understand the valuable work us scientists do or else the public will get the impression that we’re all a bunch of egghead fuzzballs who stay locked up in our ivory towers.

Me: Oh come now Dr. I don’t think we will be so myopic

Dr. Fienman-Bohr Well perhaps not so extreme as my example no, but that’s not the real danger. The danger is that without vigorous public relations kooky ideas are given the same standing as real science. If the public isn’t shown the credentials and the meticulous nature of our process, then they will be just as likely to believe whatever they see before them.

Me: Ah yes, I do see your point. Now that you put it that way it makes sense that we now see a rise in such anti scientific beliefs like Flat Earth and Vaccine Hesitancy.

Dr. Fienman-Bohr Yes the two are the same phenomena, like the particle wave duality. It’s a failing of my profession to be sure, we’ve been so caught up in the deep discoveries that scientists like myself hardly get anytime to even get out and golf. If you can believe it my clubs have cobwebs growing over them!

Me: Dr. that’s terrible, but on the brightside it just shows how dedicated you have been to your work. Speaking of which, what can you tell us about the Sagan-Tyson observatory and what you all do here?

Dr. Fienman-Bohr: Certainly, The Sagan-Tyson observatory is a quantum wave-particle inferometer telescope. It’s hard for me to explain to someone like yourself, who is not trained in the subject,  what that is so if you will bear with me I will use some crude analogies. The most difficult thing about space is the vast distances, so vast that no one can really understand just how vast they are. The human mind just cannot conceptualize it. To compound this problem there are so many trillions of galaxies, each of them having 100’s of billions of stars all with their own gravitational distortions. There’s another problem too we are on earth looking through the atmosphere. The James Webb Telescope did a good job getting around this problem, but it’s only 1 telescope and it’s mission is a bit different than ours. So when you take all these factors into consideration Space become quite messy to see deeply into. You have to account for all the different gravitational point sources interfering with the light your trying to capture. And as the Sagan-Tyson observatory is a true deep field telescope what we want to observe is the big bang.

As you know Einstein proved the farther you look, the farther back in time you look as well. Therefore if we are able to look far enough we will be able to see the moment the universe was created, and also the time before that. But as I mentioned we had a problem: it's a paradox, space is 99.99999% and more empty space, but the distances are so vast than when you look far enough Space become incredibly crowded. It was impossible for conventional telescopes to see beyond the CMB.

Me: Dr. you said had a problem and was impossible. Did something change?

Dr. Fienman-Bohr: Indeed something has changed, something for the better. We have discovered a new way of looking at the universe using the principles of quantum mechanics. The telescope at this observatory is a quantum wave particle inferometer and it allows us now to see farther than we have ever been able to before.

Me: That’s amazing, can you tell us about how it works.

Dr. Fienman-Bohr: Well, it will be a little challenging, since you don’t have how do I say a deep foundation in Astro-physics, but I will try. To understand the quantum wave-particle inferometer you must first understand the dual nature of light. Light is both a wave and a particle. As the dual slit experiment proved when we observe light it behaves like a particle, when we do not observe light it behaves like a wave. By understanding this principle we are able to use each of the dualistic properties of light to their full effect.

Me: Fascinating Dr. do tell us how do you use it?

Dr. Fienman-Bohr: Well that’s the tricky part you see there are so many particles which make up light, and they all have their individual and singular properties. For instance the Higgs boson is the gravitational carrying particle and it is the particle most affected by the gravity of supermassive objects in space. Those are the same objects which made looking into deep space so challenging. Thus the inferometer works by changing the observational frequency we place on the wave-particle of light to tune out the Higgs and then infer back what the other particles are doing as they pass through the instrument. This was perhaps the greatest challenge of the building the telescope, and why it took so long, because many of these particles were only theoretical until the math could be formulated to prove their existence.

The telescope also becomes even more tricky because we can only see data in the light wave sets so we also have to simultaneously infer what information the light wave is carrying as well.

Me: That sounds very tricky to operate, and to be honest I don’t really understand it at all.

Dr. Fienman-Bohr: Yes Quantum physics is very counterintuitive, which is why it takes so many years of study to become a quantum physicist. But the telescope relies on the tried and true principles of quantum mechanics. To make it simple when we observe the telescope it infers particles, but when we are not observing it, it infers waves. Therefore the operation of the telescope is quite counterintuitive, we have to first observe the telescope and then not observe the telescope for it to observe what we want it to observe in the universe.

Me: So it’s a telescope that works by not looking into it?

Dr. Fienman-Bohr: Yes that’s the general jist of it, a bit crude, but correct.

Me: That’s amazing, that you are able to learn so much about the universe using such a remarkable method. As you say its counterintuitive.

Dr. Fienman-Bohr: Yes it’s quite counterintuitive, quantum mechanics always is. Our methodology though is not novel, its based upon solid quantum principles. In fact some of our biggest discoveries have been derived through the use of non-observation telescopy.

Me: I do want to talk about those discoveries Dr. but first I think our readers would like to hear about how such an amazing scientific instrument as the QWPIT was developed.

Dr. Fienman-Bohr: Certainly, and it’s actually a good way to lead up to the discoveries too.

Me: Take it away DR.

Dr. Fienman-Bohr: Where to begin? Ah yes. Your readers are all familiar with the great Albert Einstein’s theory of reletivity no? Well in a nutshell it proved, beyond all doubt that space and time were one and the same thing and that all reality is relative to an observer’s reference frame.

Me: yes nobody can question that

Dr. Fienman-Bohr: Well, it so happened that the Einsteinian predictions and models worked spectacularly well until sometime after his death it was discovered that galaxies had far too little mass to support their structures, they should be flying apart, never even able to form in fact. Galaxies on average were only about 20% as massive as they should be. The whole affair was quite embarrassing to the Astro-Physics community and it necessitated our discovery of dark matter. Dark matter of course being the 80% of matter which makes up galaxies and gives them their masses which enable the galactic structures we observe. Dark Matter was a very challenging discovery to make since of course it doesn’t interact with any other form of matter that we know of, and so there is no test which we have yet be able to devise that yeilded a positive result. It was only through a deep application of particle physics and countless hours of research that we were able to confirm it’s existence.

Me: So what is this Dark matter made of?

Dr. Fienman-Bohr: Well that’s just it Adam, since we cannot devise a test which yields a positive result we cannot say for sure what kind of particles make up dark matter. All we know is that it interacts with gravity so we are confident that the Higgs Boson, the Chronon, and the Fienman-Bohring are part of it.

Me: That’s the particle that was just named after you this month correct?

Dr. Fienman-Bohr: Correct

Me: You must be very honored.

Dr. Fienman-Bohr: Well I can’t say I’m not proud, I am a Quantum Astro-Phycisist after all, but really the credit goes to this observatory and the fantastic team we have here. That is the real source of my pride.

Me: You guys are great. But the story doesn’t stop with Dark matter does it?

Dr. Fienman-Bohr: No it does not. The cosmological dark matter model worked great for a long time. It was precisely accurate in all its predictions, however 15 years ago problems began to arise. Our Hubble deep field telescope and other deep field images showed a disturbing pattern all the distant galaxies were red shifted. Before you ask I’ll explain. Redshift is when a light source becomes more red than it should be. Cosmologically this is caused when the source of the light is moving away from the observer thus stretching out the photon’s light wave. A stretched out wave has a lower frequency and thus will appear as a “redder” color than it would normally otherwise be.

Me: That makes perfect sense, except how do we know what light color the galaxy would originally be.

Dr. Fienman-Bohr: That would be too difficult for me to explain to you, but understand we know.

Me: OK

Dr. Fienman-Bohr: The red-shifting phenomenon led us to the important discovery that Galaxies were all accelerating away from us, which seemed to break the laws of physics.

Me: That also sounds really bad

Dr. Fienman-Bohr: Really bad indeed. Though according to General Relativity galaxies should all be blue shifted, as in they should be slowing down from the big bang and accelerating towards us. That is because gravity has no counterforce. There is no force in General Relativity which counters and overcomes the gravitation force. Thus in order for the universe to not break the laws of physics, and General Relativity, a new force had to be discovered. Thus physicians got to work and made the discovery. This force is the force we know now as Dark Energy and it makes up about 80% of the universe.

Me: I thought you said Dark matter made up 80% of the universe?

Dr. Fienman-Bohr: I did, but that was before we discovered Dark Energy. Dark Energy makes up 80% of the universe, Dark matter a bit less than 20%, all the Baryonic matter and energy that you see and ever interact with is less than 1% of the total matter and energy in the Universe.

Me: That blows my mind

Dr. Fienman-Bohr: Yes physics is quite counter-intuitive, but I’ve already said that.

Me: So what next?

Dr. Fienman-Bohr: Well the only thing we know about dark energy is that we know less about dark energy than we know about dark matter. The only thing we are absolutely sure of is its existence, and how much of it there is.

That is the fundemental mission of this observatory to discover more about Dark Matter and Dark Energy, why is it that they are so mysterious? How come they only interact with the universe at such a grand scale, and can never be observed interacting with it in any other meaningful tangible way? I often joke with my collegues that Dark energy and Dark matter are like Batman. We know nothing about him and he only only shows up when there is a dire need for him to show up.

That is why this observatory has trained the new QWPIT to look, or I should say not look hahaha, so far away that we can see the big bang, the creation of the universe, and also the time before it. By looking into these distant epochs we can see the unification of all physical laws before they separated and became hidden. Thus we at the Sagan-Tyson Observatory have made the most remarkable discovery which is sure to revolutionize our understand at the cosmos.

Me: Well don’t have us wait any longer for it Dr. tell us!

Dr. Fienman-Bohr: You see the reason why we don’t experience the phenomena of Dark Matter or Dark Energy here on Earth, the Milky Way, and on any scale smaller than the galactic scale is because we have been vaccinated against it.

Me: No way, that completely blows my mind

Dr. Fienman-Bohr: Yes it was quite the shocking discovery, but we are completely confident in our results. The Cosmological Vaccine we have discovered is carried by a vaccine particle, the Fienman-Bohring particle to be precise. It seems nature is a better doctor than anything we as humans could possibly be as it protects matter greater than anything subatomic from the deleterious effects of dark matter and dark energy with 100% efficiency and perfectly explains why we are not able to observe dark matter or dark energy in any of our experiments.

Me: That makes total sense! It’s so profoundly simple and yet I am in awe of how perfectly it explains, well explains everything.

Dr. Fienman-Bohr: Yes, it does a wonderful job of tying up all the loose ends. Now the the great mystery remains for us to discover how this vaccine was injected into our reality.

Me: So does that mean that that the mystery of dark matter and dark energy have been solved?

Dr. Fienman-Bohr: My colleagues may disagree with me, but I think it does. Indeed there is a danger of investigating too much more into dark energy or dark matter. We are vaccinated against them, but its like a person who has been vaccinated against Covid with a 100% effective vaccine thinking he can now just go out contacting people who have tested positive and expect that his vaccine will prevent him from getting Covid.

Me: Well that’s just plain reckless.

Dr. Fienman-Bohr: That’s our position at the observatory too.

Me: There’s just one thing that bother’s me: if we have been vaccinated against DM and DE then how come the galaxies are accelerating away from us.

Dr. Fienman-Bohr: That’s a very good question and I will try to explain it as simply as I can. It seems that the vaccine may have only been intended for the universe at an earlier stage of its history and we may be due for a booster of sorts now. Our tops scientists are working on the theory of a Cosmological Booster we’re calling it: Trans-Intergalactic-Kinetic-Conversion-Universal-Mediation or TIKKUM for short.

Me: Wasn’t that the name of a whale at SeaWorld?

Dr. Fienman-Bohr: I don’t know anything about that

Me: One last question Dr. is there anything that we, the public, can do to help out? Anything at all to stop galactic acceleration?

Dr. Fienman-Bohr: Nothing concrete. The universal scales are so vast and the forces and masses so great it would be like an ant trying to move Mt. Everest. The only thing I can say, and I’m not a religious man, is that our consciousness seems to have a profound effect on nature and particles. Thus its important to for the public to stay away from Idol worship.

Me: Well I will be sure to get that message out. Dr. it was an absolute pleasure speaking to you today and though I am not the first let me heartily congratulate you on you and your team’s amazing discovery!

Dr. Fienman-Bohr: The pleasure was all mine Adam

Me: Take care Dr.

Dr. Fienman-Bohr: You as well

Well there you have it folks, a new cosmological vaccine carrying particle. Make sure to avoid Idol worship if you don’t wan the universe to end. Good night!

Bonzo has reacted to this post.
Bonzo

Hey I don't know what happened, the full article didn't post, I'll look for the rest tomorrow.

Quote from Ryan on May 16, 2023, 01:40

Hey I don't know what happened, the full article didn't post, I'll look for the rest tomorrow.

It did. You just have to click on the quote box and it will expand.

Oh no I get that, the article is twice as long as what's posted. I'll have to um... look for the rest of it on my computer when I get home later today.

Ok the full article is up now I put it all together in the OP

BTW this is satire. Hope nobody read it thinking it was real 🤗

Bonzo has reacted to this post.
Bonzo